Losing a tooth can be disheartening and upsetting as it spoils the aesthetics of your smile. The functionality of the mouth would also be affected, as the missing tooth can change the way you bite and chew food. If losing a single tooth is so difficult, imagine having multiple teeth extracted due to various causes? It can affect your oral health, ruin your smile, and alter your facial aesthetics significantly. Hence, we would like to provide the perfect solution for this, using custom-fabricated dentures.
What are dentures?
Dentures are oral prosthetics that are made from acrylic and dental-grade ceramic to replace the missing tooth and fills the gap. Now, dentures are made to match your natural teeth. Dentures not just help you in bringing back the lost smile, but it also helps in maintaining the alignment of your bite.
Dentures can be used to replace multiple missing teeth, and they restore both oral aesthetics and functionality. Unlike most other dental restorations, dentures are removable, making them convenient, easy to clean, and hassle-free.
Advantages of dentures
- Dentures are customizable as per the requirement of the patient to have the perfect fit.
- When dentures are used to restore just a few missing teeth, they are called partial dentures.
- Dentures restore oral aesthetics, as they can be customized to mimic the appearance and functionality of natural teeth.
- Dentures make your face look fuller as they fill the cheeks and chin.
- Dentures are highly durable and are known to last for many years without any trouble.
- In case the dentures feel loose in your mouth, it can easily be re-contoured.
- Patients who get dentures will have their biting and chewing functions restored like before.
- They are the best means to restore multiple teeth. Dental bridges or implants are not suitable for this purpose.
- The dentures can easily be taken off as and when required, such as for cleaning them or while going to bed.
How can you get your very own customized dentures?
During your initial consultation at the dentist, we will take precise digital scans of the mouth and screen them thoroughly to determine your candidacy for dentures. This can also serve as a reference for fabricating them. These digital impressions will be sent to a dental laboratory, where they will be fabricated in a couple of weeks.
Once it is available, the dentist will place them in your mouth. A bite test will be conducted to determine its fit and comfort and to check how well they sit on the dental ridges.